As men among men we create a more joyous and sacred world by being of service.
Action in the World:
Men of Laughing Waters have been engaged in these service projects and activities for the past 4 years.
* Sponsoring a family for the holidays. Dinner, presents etc.
* Raising money for a bowl-a-thon for Sylvia's place (a shelter for women and children)
* Staffing the Kalamazoo Klassic which supports people with dis-abilities getting a job
* Working on projects at a local church
* Participating in a ritual cleansing of a site after a KKK rally
* Working with a locally based anti-racism organization on an ongoing basis to promote mutli-culturalism (with a spe-cific focus to bring that energy back MKP WD and to also open up MKP to men of color here in Ka-lamazoo.
* Adopting a highway
* Participating in a research project to understand what would motivate men to stand up and work against abuse of women and children
* Staffed a men's shelter fund raiser in Kalamazoo
These are the Men of Laughing Waters Ted Freedman - Proud Hawk is Peaceful Warrior, Willard Fenton-Miller – Clear Wolf, Robin Nott - Waking Bear, Rodney French - White Swan of Transformation in Action, Tim Wojtyniak - Inquisitive Clever Racoon, Joe Dailey - Noisy Squirrel, Pat Lyden - Powerful Loving Monk, Curtis Lacy - Screaming Eagle, Nick Kekic - Divine Turtle, Bill Brady - Courageous(?) Lion, Earl Jeffrey Bowen - White Tail Buck, Duane Wine - The White Tiger