Alfred Willowhawk July 19, 2016
I have been involved in facilitating other peoples paths for over 15 years. Previously, I have worked with mentors, shamans, pastors, and others who have facilitated my path and growth into an individual who is true to himself, honorable, respectable, and taking responsibility for my OWN actions. I did not know what to expect when I went to NWTA. All I knew was that after spending time in an i-group, that my mentor, brothers, and spouse encouraged me to take the chance with this incredible experience. Taking the plunge, I had no expectations. During the weekend, I found the one thing that has plagued me from being a complete person, the hidden aspects of myself that I truly needed to face. It was hard work and the support of my brothers and the leadership team was exactly what I needed in order to fulfill my unknown desire to become a truly balanced individual. The funny thing is that I thought I was a balanced, together person. In fact, my own growth as a man after NWTA has been astonishing to me and those I am in association. Kudos to the team!
I-group, what an interesting concept. When I first was exposed to my i-group half a cycle ago I did not really know what to expect. I meditate daily, spend time examining my actions, do my best to follow the dictum of Honor, Respect, and Personal Responsibility. Each day is different, some better than others. SO, I did not think that i-group would do much for me. It is true that I was part of this same group for a very short time about two years ago but due to time constraints, and business requirements it did not seem like I could “afford” the time. Now, after truly committing to being present for myself and my brothers, it is one of the most important aspects of my weekly regime. The i-group allows me to focus on myself, and the issues, hidden shadows, and other aspects of self that “sneak in” and facilitate my self sabotage. My brothers challenge me, with my permission, to be what I choose to be — a balanced non-reactive man who truly is part of the divine whole.
- Breaking Out of the ‘Man Box’ – New Study April 7, 2017
- Results of the 100&Change Grant Proposal March 7, 2017
- MKP USA in top 40% of MacArthur 100&Change Grant Applications December 23, 2016
- How ‘Becoming a Man’ Got to the White House; Forbes Magazine December 14, 2016
- Healthy Masculinity – Huffington Post November 13, 2016
- Republished: Diving Into The Secret Society Of The ManKind Project adminjournal
- What the NY Times Missed – How to Raise a Feminist Son adminjournal
- Real Men Feel: Episode 54, Male Rites of Passage with Journeymen Founder, Nicky Wilks Andy Grant
- Thrive or Just Survive: Men’s Work Beyond Woundedness adminjournal
- 5 Painful Prices of Living with Constant Urgency Alain Hunkins